spacie

image
image
image
header
TVS: ERNESTO DIAZ ESPINOZA SALUTES THE FILMS OF BUD AND TERENCE
image
image
[For This edition of the Twitch Video Salute we turn to Ernesto Diaz Espinoza, the writer and director of Chilean martial arts films Kiltro,Mirage Man and the upcoming Mandrill. Despite being a mere three days away from his wedding - congratulations! - Ernesto weighs in today with a look at the films of Bud Spencer and Terence Hill.]
Today I want to share with you the trailers for a group of films that taught me what a fight scene was, the "Bud Spencer and Terence Hill" movies. Don't let the names fool you, these were Italian films starring these two Italian actors who did a whole series of pictures together, all of them action-comedies playing two guys that for some reason (always a different reason) team up together and fought bad guys. The Spencer / Hill films were pretty popular in Chile when I was growing up, I would watch them when they aired on public television in the early 80s on a series called Afternoons Of Cinema.
These films were all about the fight scenes. I don´t remember any plot at all, just funny fight scenes that made me laugh with my buddies with really simple humor. Always with happy and naive soundtracks, these two guys always won and never suffered in any of those movies. They are cult movies in my country and very difficult to get. I don´t have any of them but here are trailers for five of my favorites.